Every day millions upon millions of individuals hop on the internet to search, whether that be for a new restaurant, a problem they’re trying to solve, or a product they’re looking to purchase. To make your company website or information pup up at the right place and right time is important. SEO and SEM are the ways you may wan to find out more how to operate them.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to the process by which search engines “crawl” content to see how effective it will be to attract traffic. Search engines will assess a number of things in a website (such as keywords, tags, and link titles) and rank it for its capacity to attract organic traffic based on a variety of factors.
Some things that crawlers look for include:
- Quality Content: Having great quality content sends a message to search engines that your website and business is delivering a legitimate good or service. Part of the way they assess you is via link building and keywords.
- User Experience: Is your website designed for users to have a frictionless experience? Is it fast and easy to navigate? Can users meet their end goals (e.g.: making a purchase) with ease?
- Link Patterns: Are you backlinking to authority sites? Where are your inbound links coming from?
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a descriptor that incorporates various types of paid search advertising. This is the type of thing that you’ll see as Google ad and usually ends up on the top of a page list. Usually, this has a to do with keyword placement and usage and that’s one way why doing it well can require some extra knowledge and strategy.
Here are some examples of SEM-based advertising activities:
- Targeted (paid) ad campaigns
- Writing copy using very selective keywords
- Ensuring that advertising activities fall within an allotted budget
- Applying key performance indicators like click-through-rates (CTR) and cost-per-click (CPC) towards future advertising activities
The most troublesome thing for SMEs is that the marketing budget is always a fixed expenditure, not a long-term investment. The popularity of inbound marketing is because it is different from the expensive and irritating traditional marketing. Inbound marketing provides the value for their needs of customers. The contents aim to win the trust from customers by creating a great user journey.
Therefore, SEM is the most indispensable foundation in the digital marketing layout. After consumers truly understand your value, it will gradually advance to the pipeline of long-term customer relationship management such as community and electronic news.
You can create a complete digital marketing layout for you through the professional advisory team of customer data marketing, including SEO, advertising, community, website services, etc., to establish a loyal customer source and search engine exposure, reduce advertising costs!